Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dana & Jacqueline: a Summer Wedding


I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road.


But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through


I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you.


:: :: ::


I think about the years I've spent just passing through


I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you.


But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there, you understand


It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true.


:: :: ::


Every long, lost dream
Led me to where you are


Others who broke my heart, they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms


This much I know is true:


That God blessed the broken road that let me straight to you.


:: :: ::


Now I'm just rolling home into my lover's arms.


This much I know is true:
That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you. 

Song: Bless the Broken Road
by Rascal Flatts
Sung by Bride's children during their ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one! Thanks for making my day!