Sunday, February 10, 2013

Colton Samuel

Welcome to the world, sweet and precious little man!

Our darling baby was born on Wednesday, January 30th at 6:29 PM. He weighed in at 8 pounds, 7 ounces and was 21 1/2 inches long, much to the shock of his mama who wasn't expecting a near-2 pound difference from his big brother's birth weight (6 pounds, 9 ounces).

Little Colton's first 8 days of life were nothing short of adventurous--in a not-so-pleasant way. It included tests, x rays, inconclusive results, antibiotics, monitors, oxygen hoods, nasal cannulas, cpap, stomach tubes, sedation, a respirator, 2-hour ambulance ride on icy roads to Mayo in Rochester MN, a lot of tears, even more prayers, a miraculous turn-around, and a fabulous home-going to be together as a complete family. Someday soon I hope to write out his story, as writing helps me process things and I don't want to forget the mercies that surrounded us in this journey. But, I am a mom of 2 now and am treasuring every opportunity to hold and cuddle the blessings in my life.


4 comments:

  1. Love this...and the hat....yeah...Jimmy sure liked that one when he was here. So glad you are all home safe and sound and snuggling in for the rest of the winter. Hugs and blessings...mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOO cute! Congrats again, and praise the Lord that Colton is doing so well! I'm so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet picture! Congratulations, Britt! And I'm glad to hear Colton is home safe and sound with the whole family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Adorable picture! He is beautiful!
    So glad to hear that he is okay. The Lord is faithful.
    So excited for you!!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read each and every one! Thanks for making my day!