Sunday, October 12, 2014

Discover Wisconsin | Let's Go Flying


"Let's go flying," he said. "Bring your camera, it will be fun," he said. 

After months of hard study while juggling crazy work schedules, home life, and flight school, he finally had his pilot's license and a plane to show me our Autumn-bedazzled countryside. Just him and me. What could possibly be a better date to take your lady on?

That Saturday morning dawned crisp and still. The rising sun pierced rays through the gently rising Autumn fog. Peaceful. Quiet. Perfect. It couldn't have been more beautiful. 

This is Wisconsin. 

This was my first flight in a small aircraft. I didn't know what to expect. With my capable pilot at the controls my only fear was motion sickness. But even that fear was unfounded as we took to the skies. The ride was smooth. The views were breathtaking. The adventure of it all was exhilarating. The flight was inevitably too short.






Yes this. This is the place I call home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one! Thanks for making my day!