Monday, June 4, 2012

Extra Delicious Whole Wheat Banana Bread

So there I was... With three bananas on my microwave turning blacker by the minute. It was a rather dis-cheery day with overcast skies and a dismal sort of rain. The summer warmth was replaced by a slight chill and a very tiniest hint of an Autumn scent hung in the air. Yes, it was time to fire up the oven. My one problem was I have never managed to acquire for myself the banana recipe of banana recipes. I searched my recipe box and there simply was no such thing in there. So I searched pinterest, and allrecipes, and google. And I came up with a conglomeration of recipes that I thought needed to be mashed together. It yielded the fabulous results of moist, rich, tasty, somewhat-healthy, could-easily-be-made-even-healthier, my-husband-didn't-even-know-it-was-healthy, son-gobbling tasty loaf of banana bread ever. And lucky for you (and me!) I kept track of the amounts of each ingredient and now I share with you. 
 Ingredients
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened (or unsweetened applesauce)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar (or honey)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3 overripe bananas

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a small-ish bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate large bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture and stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. 
  4. INDULGE





Linking to Balancing Beauty and Bedlam | Tasty Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one! Thanks for making my day!