Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Perfect Irish Coffee

It's Saint Patty's Day, so when you have Irish ancestors and you're a coffee lover you have to celebrate, am I right? My first taste of any sort of alcohol was actually an Irish coffee many, many moons ago at an Irish pub, so of course it was theeee authentic Irish coffee. Little did I realize how high my standards became in that moment when it comes to a proper Irish coffee, because unless I'm in an Irish pub, if I pay somebody to make me an Irish coffee I get a cup of watered down, synthetic flavored, cheap motel tasting coffee.

That is not an Irish coffee experience.

So after trial and error, I learned to make my own. Let me tell you the real way to have your Irish coffee.

You will  need:
Approximately 1 shot of Irish whiskey (or to taste)
About 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or to taste)
Freshly-brewed, rich and strong coffee
Whipping cream

Combine whiskey and brown sugar in the bottom of your Irish Coffee mug. Add coffee until about 3/4 full. Shake whipping cream to make it frothy, and then slowly pour over a large, upside down spoon to make a layer of frothy cream over the coffee. Take a slow sip and enjoy all the layers of flavor merging together to dance on your taste buds.

That, my friends, is how the Irish enjoy the warmth and creaminess of all the good things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one! Thanks for making my day!