Thursday, March 29, 2012

Makes Me Want to Lose Myself

Four years ago today I first laid eyes on the man that would become my husband. It may not have been love at first sight -- a crush, yes -- but love was just around the corner and I was in no way prepared for the way it was going to absolutely sweep me off my feet. So completely and quickly, in fact, we were standing hand-in-hand at the altar five months and one day later. The first time I heard the song "Feels Like Home", it brought me back to those days when Andy would come and see me... When he told me he loved me... When he held my hand... When he stood loyally by my side when the road got rocky... The first hug, the first kiss...  When his beautiful blue eyes caught my gaze, making me oblivious to everything else as I walked down the aisle towards him in my pretty white dress...

The last four years certainly dealt its blows to us, each blow only made our love stronger. I love being married to the love of my life. I love the adventure our life together has taken us on. I love that he still makes my heart beat fast. I love that marriage is until death do us part, because I am so twitter-pated with that man I want to spend a couple dozen lifetimes with him!

Pardon me for being cheesy, but the words to this song completely describe my feelings for my husband. I love him so much and I'm so grateful to the One who created us for each other and then brought us together.

There's something in your eyes, makes me want to lose myself
Makes me want to lose myself, in your arms

There's something in your voice, makes my heart beat fast
Hope this feeling lasts, the rest of my life

If you knew how lonely my life has been and how long I've been so alone
If you knew how I wanted someone to come along and change my life the way you've done.

If you knew how much this moment means to me, and how long I've waited for your touch.
If you knew how happy you are making me, I never thought that I'd love anyone so much.
 
It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
Feels like I'm all the way back where I belong.


(lyrics by Randy Newman, 
sung by Chantal Kreviazuk at this link:
  "Feels Like Home" [youtube])

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read each and every one! Thanks for making my day!